I am quite fond of "audiophile-grade cables". Meaning they need to have high quality material and they must look good. And not cost the equivalent of a nations Gross Domestic Product. Which is often the case in the world of hi-end folly.
For this project (and all my power-cable efforts from this day) is made of the Supra LoRad cable.
A brilliant cable with a semi-conductive shield. The LoRad 2.5 used here is the thicker of the two, meant for heavier power duty (amplifiers) and it's little sister the LoRad 1.5 for lighter duty (pre-amps).
LoRad is short for Low Radiation.
Tech:
3x 2.5mm sq. cores of tin-plated multi-stranded OFC cable
External Diameter: 11.0mm
Brown (Live), Blue (Neutral) and Green/Yellow (Earth) coloured insulation jackets.
Semi-conductive earth insulation - no drain wires !!
High quality 99.99% coverage foil screen
Highly flexible outer insulation (easily passed CE-regulation 2x 30,000x "bends" test !!)
Approx. 16A rating (@ 230V)
I also like the fact that it's Scandinavian. For this project I chose a nice polyester mesh braid for visual appeal. I also had some chinese plugs that are fake Oyaides. I thought they looked allright and that the
quality really couldn't be that bad.
The blue and grey will go nicely with the Supra connectors
*More to follow*


Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar