RJM Audio provided me with the parts kit to populate the stereo channels. A nice Version 2.0 introductory price @ 100 USD shipped from Kyoto is a sweet deal to boot. I still need to get some nice caps for C1, and the powersupply needs another toroid and rectefier bridge. I am really looking forward to hear it sing, but for now, I am just having fun building it.
Richard Murdey (RJM Audio) also happens to be a very knowing and helpful guy, so anyone inclined to build a headphone amplifier (or an MM/MC phonostage) should check out www.phonoclone.com
Richard Murdey (RJM Audio) also happens to be a very knowing and helpful guy, so anyone inclined to build a headphone amplifier (or an MM/MC phonostage) should check out www.phonoclone.com
![]() |
| I like the blue capacitors on the black pcb. Looks cool :) C1 is not soldered yet, I am ordering some Dynamicaps for this one, or maybe Russion NOS PIO. |
I decided to put in the caps Richard sent with the kit, try'em out for while. Then later on I'll replace them with better ones and celebrate the difference. I've decided on a custom transformer from www.toroidy.pl
I can get a 50va 4x12 for 50 euro shipped.
Before I can get anything else done, I need to go out and buy a multitool for cutting the square hole for the inlet module. The tool costs less than ordering a single panel from Front Panel Express and since I allready need to order with them for the frontpanel, I can make the rear myself. More DIY fun :)
Also I need this tool for my next amplifier aswell.
*More To Come*


Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar